Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Billy the Kid|
William Henry McCarty, Jr. aka William H. Bonney
November 23, 1859
July 14, 1881
Billy the Kid is one of the most notorious killers in the history of the old west. He is most famous for wracking up a body count of 21 men, and participating in a number of gang battles. Despite his violent life, it is said that he could be a very personable fellow, and this has led some writers to portray him as something of a folk hero. He wasn't physically a large man, but he was said to be lithe and to be exceptionally skilled with a gun. He was killed at the age of 21, in New Mexico, by the lawman Pat Garret. However, his body was never identified and this has led to speculation that Garret lied and Billy the Kid actually eluded the law and lived under an assumed name, possibly well into the 20th Century.
Public Domain Comic Appearances
- Pep Comics (1940 series) #6
- Sure Fire Comics (1940 series) #v1#2
- Fight Comics (1940 series) #24
- Cat-Man Comics (1941 series) #v2#10 (23)
- Hoppy the Marvel Bunny (1945 series) #1, 3
- Western Fighters (1948 series) #v1#2
- Western Killers (1948 series) #61
- Cowboy Western Comics (1948 series) #20
- Gunsmoke (1949 series) #1, 10
- Tim McCoy (1948 series) #20
- Billy West (1949 series) #5
- Black Diamond Western (1949 series) #20
- Billy the Kid Adventure Magazine (1950 series) #1-26
- Rangers Comics (1942 series) #63
- The Hooded Horseman (1952 series) #23
- Badmen of the West (1953 series) #1-2 [A-1 #100]
- John Wayne Adventure Comics (1949 series) #19
- Tim Holt (1948 series) #39
- Return of the Outlaw (1953 series) #3-4
- Masked Raider (1955 series) #6-8
- Outlaws of the West (1957 series) #11
- Buster Crabbe Comics #1
- Billy the Kid #9-12
Billy the Kid was also the inspiration for a goat character with his name, who appeared in Fawcett's Funny Animals, and a similar character seen in comics produced by Quality.