Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jane Porter Clayton, Lady Greystoke
Tarzan of the Apes (October, 1912)
Originally Serialized in
All Story Magazine
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Jane Porter is Tarzan's wife and companion.
She came to Tarzan's jungle when he was a grown man. They both met, and they immediately fell in love. It was Jane who taught Tarzan all about the human world.
Later, Jane took him with her to the US, but Tarzan missed his jungle, so both he and Jane returned to the jungle. From that day forward, Jane decided to live in the jungle with Tarzan as his wife.
They later had a son, Korak.
Public Domain Appearances
- Tarzan of the Apes (1912)
- The Return of Tarzan (1913)
- The Beasts of Tarzan (1914)
- The Son of Tarzan (1914)
- Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar (1916)
- Tarzan the Untamed (1920)
- Tarzan the Terrible (1921)
- Tarzan of The Apes (1918)
- The Romance of Tarzan (1918)
- The Revenge of Tarzan (1920)
- The Son of Tarzan (1920)
- The Adventures of Tarzan (1921)
- Although the first eight novels are in the public domain in the United States, and in Australia, Canada, and other 50+ years after death countries even more books are public domain; the books remain copyrighted in the UK and other countries who laws are 70+ years after the death of the author.
- Many adaptations depict her with blonde hair.